It's always time for tiramisu.
8 Egg Yolks
1 1/2 C. Sugar
1/4 C. Milk
2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
16 oz. Mascarpone cheese
4 Cups brewed dark coffee
1/2 C. Amaretto Liqueur
48 Ladyfingers specialty cookies
5 oz. bittersweet or dark chocolate bar, shaved
Cocoa Powder, sifted
1. Whisk egg yolks on low heat, 3/4 C. sugar, and the milk in a tiny saucepan JUST until eggs simmer. Refrigerate and cool.
2. Whip the whipping cream to very stiff peaks. Set aside in the refrigerator.
3. Mix the mascarpone cheese and 3/4 C. sugar together until well blended.
4. Stir in the yolk mixture with the cheese mixture.
5. Then, fold in the whipping cream mixture with the cheese mixture.
6. Combine the coffee and Amaretto in a large mixing bowl.
7. Quickly dip each ladyfinger in the coffee mixture and place on the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. Cover the bottom of the entire pan with 1 layer of ladyfingers.
8. Sprinkle ladyfingers with half the shaved chocolate.
9. Cover with half of the cheese mixture.
10. Add another layer of dipped ladyfingers.
11. Sprinkle with chocolate and finish with the cheese mixture.
12. Sift cocoa powder over the top and garnish with coarsely grated chocolate.
13. Refrigerate overnight for best flavor (minimum: 5 hours).
From the kitchen of Tara Anderson